Hurricane Season runs from June 1st to November 1st. As potential named storms approach us, we will post current and relevant content here just for you.
EMAIL ALERTS: Sign up to receive hurricane email notifications to help you prepare and recover from an imminent storm affecting the South Carolina Coastline.
- Receive Named Storm Updates as it approaches the coastline.
- Know what to do 18-36 hours from storm arrival
- Know what to do 6-18 hours from storm arrival
- Have all of the important links below sent to you
- Know what to do when you return after the storm (safety and how to report a claim).
CLAIMS: Visit Our Claims & Payments Page to report your claim.
FLOOD MAP: Interactive Sea Level Rise Viewer – Flood Mapper – https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr.html
EVACUATION NOTICE / SHELTERS: Visit SCEMD.org , South Carolina’s Emergency Management Division. SCEMD is SC’s hub for emergency information, evacuation notices, checking for county closings, shelter information, and traffic flow/closings.
SCHOOL CLOSINGS: Visit SCSchoolClosings.com for school closings.
CURRENT POWER OUTAGES: Visit SCE&G’s Active Power Outage Map to see how many in your area are without power.